Sunday, April 12, 2009

SIx more days...



Family, friends, strangers - I am asking/begging/pleading anyone who reads this to consider cheering me on as I crawl(hopefully) across the finish line or at any other point along the 26.2 mile course. I am hoping to average a ten minute mile, so you can base your time and location on that. Since Keith will be out of town, I need someone to take a picture so I have hard evidence that I actually did this! Todd is going to jump in and run the last six miles with me. The longest run I have to date is 21 miles, so the last five will be somewhat of a mystery - hopefully adrenaline and Todd's encouragement will get me through!

Sale Lake City Marathon

4 comments:

Margie said...

I'm cheering you on, Valerie. If you've run 21 miles, the last five will be cake. Good luck! I'm training for a marathon on June 6th and hoping my knees are in for the long haul. They're protesting. I can't wait to hear how it goes to see what I'm in for!

The Easter pictures are adorable. I wish I could convince Rex to wear cute Easter clothes. I had to threaten to eat his Easter candy in order to get him to wear an old button up shirt of Felix's.

Unknown said...

I too am cheering your on--Mentally! My friend Marge and her friends are only doing a half. If you take a camera, there is always some willing participant who will take your picture.

Amy J said...

Val, you are a complete stud! You work it, girl, and show 'em how it's done!! P.S. tell Toddy to take nipple-protecting measures! :)

Jen said...

I'll be there! Any requests for food/drinks? I heard giant cookies are popular. :)