Monday, April 20, 2009

Scenic Pocatello









Bubba and I returned home from Pocatello and the Portneuf Spring Soccer Tournament this weekend. Her team, Impact, went to the championship game because of their victory in Sunday's earlier match where Bubba scored 4, yes 4, goals. After the 3rd (hat trick) goal, I tossed my hat onto the field. After the 4th goal I tossed my shoe on the field. After that, I was asked to keep my articles of clothing to myself. Pansies. Anyway, Bubba and Impact went on to finish 2nd. You can only imagine how excited my extremely competitve daughter was to finish 2nd. NOT! As the saying goes, "if you're not first, you might as well be last." I should be a motivational speaker.

Here are a few pix from the game. Needless to say, despite Impact losing the championship game, their opponents definitely needed the most ice packs and ace bandages the next day.

One last thing. Is it just me, or is it a bit odd that a state known for its potatoes, has so many French names for their towns. Coincidence? I think not.

KJ

2 comments:

Margie said...

4 goals! That's insane! I'd love to watch one of your games someday. I hope I get the chance. Great job! I love seeing you in action on the field in the pics.

Valerie said...

What the what? (Thanks, Tina Fey) Kacie, you are amazing! Four? Seriously. You rock.