Wednesday, April 08, 2009

New Post from Us to You...

Is he cute, or is he cute?! Not sure what the black specks on his lip are...dirt, Oreos, poo? It's very rare to see Rex with a clean face, but boy can he pull off dirty or what?!

The beginnings of yet another bad hair cut, courtesy of Mom. It only got worse from there. I'll share a photo when it has sufficiently grown out! I'm sorry Felix! I'm just trying to save a dime. Maybe I should be more concerned with saving him from the hair bullies.

Seriously! I know it's April, but rain? And cold? We're sick, sick, sick of it!! Scott will get irritated if I continue on with the complaints, so I'll stop...but, did I mention we're SICK OF IT?!!

If child services walked into a room and saw about 90% of the things I see daily (see above),
Felix and Rex would have a new mommy.

Rex in his "Super-hero costume" leaping from tall buildings. Hi child services, it's me again!
Warning: Be prepared for full frontal nudity in the next shot. Cute girl cousins may need to advert their eyes.

I had to throw this shot in because this is what I initially walked in the room to see...before I insisted the super hero put on his drawers.

Felix and Elsa feeling some electricity! We finally got a trampoline, despite Scott's incessant disapproval...I settled on a conservative 8 footer courtesy of Craigslist which Scott came home to see unawares. I know he's jealous because he exceeds the weight limit and can't jump. (Sorry I keep picking on you, Scotty) I want a 14 footer! Trampolines make me feel young and after just celebrating another birthday, I could use a little young.

The glassy-eyed look of winter and the TV (Sick of it!!)

What a child looks like after finishing off the Strawberry jam

Super-Rex and Super-Felix

This picture signifies a diaper-free house!!!!!!! Rex is potty trained and proudly lets everyone know it when he freely drops his drawers anywhere outdoors to urinate. Unfortunately he thought he could do the same thing with poo-poo which has made for some nasty cleanups, in our yard, at the park and most recently...Burger King.


Hope everyone is doing well. It was nice talking to many of you recently. We miss you!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

So fun to hear from you guys! So Rex pooped in Burger King? I need more details, as I am assuming it didn't happen in the bathroom. We are also SICK of cold, snow and wind. We have one good day, just to get our hopes up, then it will snow like crazy the next. I think I am seeing a trip to Vegas in our future. I often think about what child services would think after a conversation with Riley. I am sure she would tell them about how I don't hug and kiss her enough (says that one often) or about how I am such a MEAN mom (says that one daily). We finished the bedrooms in our basement and we were moving her stuff down to one. I figured it a good time to tell her about how she would be expected to keep it clean, etc.. I said, "Riley, there are some things we need to talk about before you get to sleep in your new room in the basement." Before I could even continue, she interrupted, rolled her eyes, and said, "I know, I know, don't ever let anyone lay by me." What the what!? Sooo, I think we may have to keep her from viewing Felix's nudie shot. Who knows what that would bring up. :)

Unknown said...

Margie, only yesterday I heard on TV that playing in the dirt is good for your Seratonin levels in the brain. Works for both kids and adults.

Sounds like Rex should have great levels and Mommie needs some dirt time.

We are all sick of winter. We were sooo happy when all it did yesterday was Rain. Alta, however got an additional 12 inches of snow.

Izzy said...

I love all your pictures Margie. Maile asked, "Where's Felix's underwear?" Boys are so crazy!!! We love them!!!

Can you put more details about pooping in Burger King? Going to Burger Kind in itself is a interesting experience, add pooping in a Burger King....now that's a story!

I can't wait till we see you in August. I am going to be floating my big butt down the river the whole time....I hope you will join me!

love - Izzy