Sunday, November 12, 2006

Take it to the jury...

For those of you that haven't heard (probably the vast majority), I was embroiled in a little throw back to Junior High last weekend because I showed too much interest in the Elder's Quorum president that one of my friends has a GIANT crush on. I can't really say that I "like" him yet, because I have had approximately 1.5 conversations with him (and that is just adding up a bunch of not-really conversations). So what I say instead is that I'm "interested" in him...I'm interested in getting to know him better and seeing if there's anything there. Because let's be honest, I could go out with him and be done with him 15 minutes into the date...just keeping it real! Now I'm a liberated woman, so I have no problem asking him out (my friend Jori even gave me a restaurant gift certificate to use as an "excuse"), but I now have 2 issues impeding this potential night out: 1) Although my friend with the crush swears she's moving on, I have a feeling she would change her song if I asked this boy out. 2) When a girl asks a guy out, do they think it's cool and gutsy, or do they see it as sad and desperate? Nothing is going to happen with this situation anytime soon since I am going to Nashville for a week and then have a VERY fabulous visitor coming for Thanksgiving (Keith!), but I appreciate any insight/experience/words of wisdom anyone can offer. Your comments please....

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Amy, When it comes to guys you have to move those roomies/friends out of the way. My roomate, Lindsay, had a HUGE crush on Todd. I felt really bad when Todd and I started dating, but when things are meant to be, they are meant to be! YOu should definately ask the guy out.
And, don't worry, Lindsay and I are still friends:)
I am jealous that you get to go to the NCTE conference. That is something I've always wanted to do. Maybe someday we could go together!

Unknown said...

I say you should ask him out. Final Answer!

Amy J said...

Thanks for the comments, Todd and Val! I think I've pretty much made up my mind to ask him out after Nashville/Keith! :) Val, I would LOVE to go to NCTE with you sometime! As a matter of fact, what are you doing this week? I have a whole hotel room already paid for and no one to share it with! Just hop on a plane, and meet me there! :D

Unknown said...

Are we certain that Kacie is not posting in your name, this sounds like the Jr. High angst.