Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Clarification

Scott was wondering why the reference to Botox.

Last Tues. had trouble with getting soup down, usual washing with water-no go. Gagged and retched and felt ok that nite. Wed. ate banana bread and went to wash it down--could not get up or down. Wed is our Temple day, called the ladies and told them I would not be going and about noon decided I was in deep trouble. Called my friend Marge and she and her husband took me to UVRMC to the ER. Wasn't there long when they took me to the Digestive Disorders Lab. Boy did I have a digestive disorder! The doc on duty did and Esophagoscopy while I was HEAVILY SEDATED and dilated the opening between stomach and esophagus. He told me that surgery might be an option. Not an option I wanted. They took pictures, everything I had eaten for 3 days was still in my esophagus. Keith said it was like rings on a tree. The doc got the opening restored and wanted to check the next a.m. So I stayed overnite. The man next door snored like a bear, it was not my Serta mattress, and I was cold. Next A.M. the doc came in early and said he had an epiphany and they would inject the muscle in the openin with Botox. So, having only hadH2O since Wed, I went back to the Lab, was HEAVILY SEDATED again and when ALL was clear, injected the Botox. I had a Clear Liquid lunch and about 5 p.m., I came home. To see doc again on Nov. 17

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW,Janet! Quite the experience. We are glad to hear things are going well. So what causes this? It seems scary to have your esophagus just up an close on you one day. Take Care of Yourself.

Scott said...

Yes, Janet, we hope and expect that your treatment will be a complete and total success. Maybe you can post the pictures of your esophagus (almost the name of our second son, by the way...we were just going to call him 'Gus').

And who wouldn't like to hear the soundtrack of your next-door neighbor snoring like a bear. Margie would probably tell you that I could star in that soundtrack.

Get well soon!

Margie said...

How did the appointment go yesterday?