Saturday, August 25, 2007

New Blog Format

In order to make the blog more function (i.e. having the ability to put birthdays up) I had to switch to a newer version of blogger and get a new template. If anyone has any qualms with the color scheme we can change it (I did think Keith and Scott would like the hot pink Barbie template!). Hopefully all the birthdays are correct. I just took Scott's list and added the dates he was missing. If anyone has other lists or items they want on the blog just let me know. The new format makes it much easier to make updates.

In other news, I had a nice birthday yesterday (30-ouch! Lizzy is now the only Johnson child in her 20's - double ouch!). Valerie threw a surprise party for me Thursday night at her parents’ house. Looking back, I was a little too naive about the whole thing. The best part was when I showed up and saw one of my neighbors and his wife getting out of their car on the opposite side of the street from Valerie's parents. I said, "Hi, Dave. What are you guys doing over here?" He said he was going to a friend’s house for dinner and pointed to a house a few doors down. For most people this would have thrown up a big red flag, but I just said, 'Oh, really!' and proceeded to pull into Pat and Dale's driveway and go inside. As I walked into the house everyone screamed, 'Surprise'! And that's when I knew I had been duped. It was a fun evening with lots of good Dutch oven cooking and conversation. Riley also volunteered to give me my 30 spankings - it's a good thing she can only count to 15.

Yesterday, I just went to work and then Valerie and I went out to Dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Jalisco’s – located down by the ‘Falls’. After dinner we crossed the street to look at the river and a group of guys asked if I would take their picture, well in that group was Denney Crum. For those who don’t know, Crum was the men’s basketball coach at Louisville for 30 years. Apparently there were some other notable athletes in the group – so they said, but I didn’t recognize any of the names (before my time).

Anyway, thanks for all the birthday cards and calls. You made 30 not seem so gloomy!

2 comments:

Amy J said...

Happy belated Birthday, Toddy! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. It's hard to believe that you are 30!! :) On a different note, you got Jamie's b-day wrong...it is Sept. 2nd. You know, it's funny because I was going to tell you that you also missed mom's b-day and got grandma's (meaning Palmers) wrong! :) Because grandma Palmer's b-day is August 4th, so when I saw "grandma" on the 5th, I got all confused...I'm a dork! Thanks for taking care of the blog! It will be nice to have everyone's b-days readily available!

Unknown said...

Now we are keeping up with the other bloggers that I know. Thanks Todd, you Blogmeister.