Sunday, August 05, 2007

Alaska Basin - Teton Trip

Valerie and I went backpacking Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week to Alaska Basin. Alaska Basin is on the west side of the Tetons. I gained a greater appreciation for Ibuprofen and Bear Spray during our trip. The day we hiked to the crest of the Tetons it was overcast and we were only able to see the middle and south Tetons...The Grand was covered! Despite this, the view was incredible and the pictures really don't do it justice. In all, we hiked 22 miles over the three days. A similar view is available through the Table Rock hike if anyone still wants to try that. It is 7 STEEP miles up for the faint of heart - I might be included in that group. Those who are still interested please post your desire or lack there of by Tuesday night. Valerie thinks Kacie would enjoy it... We will see everyone in a few days. Also, Valerie will be posting directions to the cabin tomorrow. (Excuse the wrong date at the bottom of the pictures.)






3 comments:

Valerie said...

Ironically enough, none of the pictures Todd posted are of the Tetons.

Unknown said...

Here I am faint of heart. I descended to the floor of Bryce Canyon last Wednesday and SURVIVED the climb back. I don't mind a mile or two, but no more ascents!

Kimberly said...

those pictures make me want to go to Yosemite real bad . . .