Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Impending Retirement

I'm another step closer to retiring early and relying on Margie's mad skills to support my expensive lifestyle of sports cars, designer fashions, and gourmet food after Margie auditioned for and was cast in another play this week at a theatre that apparently actually pays its actors.

Margie will be playing the lead female role, Rachel Brown, in the play Inherit the Wind. The curtain goes up at the end of October, which is a lovely time to visit Pittsburgh, for those of you haven't been here yet.

Margie is also currently co-starring in our entry in the employees-only version of Heinz Ketchup's "Top This TV" ad contest. You can watch the admittedly amateurish result here. We're vying with about 40 other entries for three top prizes of 1.) a 57" screen TV (or $2,500), 2.) $1,500 cash, or 3.) $1,000 cash.

2 comments:

Amy J said...

Congrats, Margie...good for you! I would love to come out and see you in a show...maybe I'll find a freakishly low fare to Pittsburgh! :)

I can't see your video because the laptop I use is lame, but I'll be sure to watch it at work on Monday!

Amy J said...

Finally got around to watching your video...I didn't know Rex could spell! :)

I hope you win!!! Good luck!