Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sleeping in a strange house

Happy New Year, everyone! I don't necessarily have anything monumental to say, just wanted to say hi! Last week I stayed with my boss's kids while she is in Guatemala. It went really well...better than I thought it would, actually! We only had a couple of meltdowns, and even those were tolerable! Now the kids have gone with their dads, and I'm staying at the house with the goofy dog. You all know how much I love dogs! :P I haven't slept well, I think mostly because it is a big house, I'm staying there alone, and the dog doesn't offer any comfort at all! She looks very much like this:

So you can imagine that she is only scary if you don't like dogs with smooshed up faces that snort like a pig because they can't breath very well!

That's about it from my neck of the woods! Oh, I did have a date last night, but don't get too excited...I had a good time, but in Keith's words "there's just no spark." Sparks are important, I don't care what anyone says! :)

Hope everyone is well, and that you have all kept your New Year's Resolutions so far!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Sparks are important. I must admit, however, that when I met Todd he tucked everything in (including sweaters) and still had the missionary hair. I saw potential for sparks and better fashion taste.

Amy J said...

HA! That is too funny! :) As I said to one of my co-workers, there is a difference between compromise and settling. I don't find this guy attractive, even if there were minor changes made. Sad, but true! :( This is my life...I think I will have a HEART ATTACK when I meet someone good and decent. :P