Saturday, December 01, 2007

Johnson Family 2007 Christmas-Gift Exchange

Giver    buys forRecipient
===== ==============
LizzyValerie
ToddAmy
ValerieScott
AmyMargie
ScottKeith
MargieLisa
KeithLizzy
LisaTodd


Just as a quick follow-up note to everyone, Margie and I have one suggestion for a possible group present to mom and dad if anyone is looking for ideas.

Also a couple points to note on the gift exchange list:
  1. Some of your are swapped with either your gift giver or your recipient from last year, but everyone is at least giving to someone different this year.

  2. Moreover, I have the entire rotation mapped out until Christmas 2012 as long as no one changes marital status before then. : )

  3. This rotation is designed so that by 2012, everyone will have had given a gift to everyone else on the list at least once.

  4. Because I excluded anyone from being assigned their own spouse, however, Todd, Valerie, Margie, and I practically have our own exchange within the exchange, although I did manage to arrange the list so that not even any of us ever have to give to the same person before at least three years have passed.
Let me know if any of you have any questions and let the gift giving begin!

7 comments:

Amy J said...

I'm glad you got this posted! Please let me know if you have any ideas for your cute wife! :) Maybe a gift certificate to a chiropracter so she can recover from lifting those two little tubs-o-lard?! :)

By the way, I totally plan to throw off your system by getting married by 2012...

Unknown said...

Leave it to me to throw a wrench in the Christmas Gift Exchange...I was meditating on this whole process yesterday and thought that instead of everyone telling everyone else what they want and then having to pay for shipping, why don’t we all just pay $15 extra in fast offerings and enjoy the true spirit of Christmas...If we could all be together for Christmas I think the gift exchange would be fun, but I thought this would be a good thing to do this year. Let me know your thoughts...

Unknown said...

I don't want Scott to get mad at me, especially if he spent large amounts of time coming up with the exchange schedule until 2012. Maybe we Bobby will be in next year's rotation?!

Amy J said...

Well, if we're going to forego the gift exchange, why don't you all send your moolah to me for my service project...buying spanish and bilingual books for orphans in Mexico. I'd say that's in keeping with the true spirit of Christmas, AND it would help me out!!

It would be kinda' strange not to do the gift exchange after all these years!!!

Margie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie said...

The gift exchange on my side of the family is on a volunteer basis only. You submit your name each year if choose to do it. No pressure. Maybe we should do it that way. Personally, I like doing the exchange. For me, it's a nice way to connect with family far away.

JimmySyme said...

Although this says "Jimmy Syme said" you all know it should be "Karen said" It sound like the consensus is to continue doing the gift exchange,so let's do it this year and maybe next year (or in 2012 when Scott's lits expires) we can talk about it again and decide if we want to do it on a voluntary basis like Margie's family does. Happy Holidays!