Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I can take the blame

...I have to admit that I am the one at the Johnson household ruining Christmas. You can blame me. But I am too fat and too stressed to have any desire to gift exchange. All of a sudden my future life is becoming a reality. How will I control three kids when I can't seem to manage the one 4-year-old I have now? How will we afford to buy diapers for two kids? How will I ever lose the 40 pounds I have already gained? (Not to mention the twenty more that are bound to come over the next two months) It's a holiday downer, but I really have just been stressed out lately. It will just be one less thing I have to worry about. So Todd can make it seem like he is trying to do the Christlike thing and donate to the po0r, but he is just trying to make me look like less of a scrooge. Sorry. -Val

3 comments:

Margie said...

Well to say you "ruined Christmas" is quite a stretch. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch right now. Being pregnant at Christmas time (or really any time) is the pits. I hope you're able to relax some and realize that you are a great mom to Macie and Riley and will be a great mom to your new daughter. Wish we were closer to help out.

JimmySyme said...

Jimmy Syme for Karen...

We completely understand how you feel. (I expressed very similar feelings in my journal about 30 years ago) Don't even worry about it...it's not a big deal. We've reconfigured the list and so Lizzy has Amy and Lisa has Scott, and we'll talk about it again next year.

Amy J said...

Val, you just take care of yourself and know how much we love you!! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help make life a little less stressful...that's what family is for!