Thursday, July 01, 2010

My fabulous trip!

I just got back from my trip to the UK on Sunday. I had a great time, spending time with Matt, meeting his girls, and seeing some new parts of the world...saw so many beautiful places and cool things! Of course it would be impossible to share everything, so here are a few highlights! (P.S. The pictures are in reverse order...Blogger was giving me trouble!)

Love this guy! :)
Punting on the River Cam, in front of their version of The Bridge of Sighs

In Cambridge, in front of the River Cam

Matt and I with Edinburgh Castle in the background

Me (with crazy hair) in Edinburgh...such a cool city!

Matt eating his haggis...he really liked it! I tried one bite, and it was tasty, but I couldn't get over the thought of what's in it...yucky!

At Ullswater Lake in The Lake District...we camped here for one night (about my camping limit!)

At Stourhead Garden...Margie, they filmed some of the new "Pride and Prejudice" here. It was so so so lovely

Stonehenge

At Build-A-Bear with Matt's girls, Hannah and Myah...this was my birthday surprise for them (they were both born in June)

At the London Temple...the grounds there are BEAUTIFUL!

Real English Fish and Chips (with Mushy Peas)

At the Royal Pavilion in Brighton

On the lion in Trafalgar Square...had to have Matt give me a boost up, AND it was hot!

A famous red phone booth...I was a little hesitant about actually touching the phone!

At Buckingham Palace

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Amy, it looks like you had so much fun! When is the next time you will be able to see him again? I'm sure, whenever it is, is isn't soon enough :)

Margie said...

Your European holiday looks amazing! I'm sure it's been hard to get back to your current reality. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Does anyone want to watch 3 kids while Scott and I go to Europe??