Monday, August 11, 2008

Triathlon - Jamie's Visit










We wish we had more pictures to post from last week, but we had no idea where our camera was. It turns out it was under the seat of my car. I have no idea why it was there. Anyway, the girls had a great week with Naime - as Macie calls Jaime. Charlotte might feel neglected this week as she and Jamie did some major bonding. Valerie appreciated all the help she gave her as I wasn't home much week due to bishopric responsibilities. I would like to report that other than the 15 second youth speaker (It may have actually been shorter) our first week in our new ward went well.
Riley competed in her first triathlon on Saturday with her cousin Kade. She placed third in her age division for girls. She was a little nervous during the swim, but had stellar runs and biking to make up for lost time. She was most impressed by the entry numbers they wrote on her with PERMANENT marker.
Congrats to Margie!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That is so great that you are already getting Riley involved in competitive sports. Was it the Tri-Harder triathalon? I had another friend whose daughter competed in that triathalon, and I think she is about the same age as Riley. Wouldn't it be funny if they were in the same division?

Valerie said...

Uh, I don't know if I would really call it competetive :) It sure was fun though! I have to give a big THANKS to Jamie. She totally saved me last week. Todd was seriously MIA all week. Charlotte was fussy all week (teeth maybe?) and having Jamie there to hold her all day was the only way I was able to get anything done...and good thing, cause the beans and raspberries were on. Jamie helped pick and make three batches of jam, and she helped pick and snap over 18 quarts of beans. She is so awesome. She even offered to rub icy-hot on my back when I decided to get back on the treadmill after my horrible back spasm. Of course I didn't make her do it :) Riley LOVED having a friend all week. Jamie painted her toes, went on bike rides, played arcade games with Riley at Leo's and was just SO COOL. Macie was also in heaven having Namie here. We had a great time. I hope she will come back every summer...Maybe when beans are on again? I really hate snapping:) Hopefully Keith and Kacie get to enjoy some jam and some cookies that we sent home. Thanks for letting her come! Jamie, we love you and think you are the BEST!