Saturday, August 23, 2008

Top Of Utah Half Marathon






We ran in the Top of Utah Half Marathon this morning in Logan. Valerie's brother, Rich, and his wife Buffy ran with us, too. As you can see from the pictures, getting bloody nipples from running is not a myth. The funny thing is that I have no idea when the bleeding started. I didn't even know that I had what looked like a bullet wound until Valerie finished the race and was the first one to be honest with me. Valerie's brother, Trent, told me I didn't need to worry as a man who finished before me came through with two bloody nipples. Anyway, I'm sure I'm giving fodder to the gallery - Keith - but overall we had a great time. We are feeling the effects of running 13.1 miles, but we both can say we ran the whole time. I finished with a time of 2:04:58, while Valerie finished in 2:12:42. There were a total of 1200 runners in the race - it was a mass of humanity at the starting line.



1 comment:

Margie said...

Congrats on the run and good luck with the chafing!