Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Chess at the Library

As many of you are aware, I've been taking Felix to chess lessons at the Carnegie Library each Saturday when I'm home in Pittsburgh.  At the class's last meeting a week ago, a photographer was there, working on a photo essay on activities at the Library, and asked for permission to take pictures of Felix and me to use in his work.

This morning I received an email from him with the images, some of which I included below.

This Saturday, as a sort of follow up to the lessons, there is a youth chess tournament at the Library that Felix wanted to participate in, so we signed him up.  I'll try to remember to take a camera better than the one on my phone and remember to report how he fares.



4 comments:

Valerie said...

This makes me feel so dumb as I have never learned how to play chess. Way to go Felix! Good luck at the tourney and let us know how it goes :)

Valerie said...

This makes me feel so dumb as I have never learned how to play chess. Way to go Felix! Good luck at the tourney and let us know how it goes :)

Amy J said...

I'm with Val...I don't know how to play chess either! Next time I visit, Felix will have to give me lessons! :) Love you cute Pittsburghers! <3

Scott said...

Here's my report: Felix was paired with a 10-yr old who I think has been playing chess a good while and lost his first match.

That's about all I can offer, as they shut the parents out of the room where the kids played. I thought it was a very Poor pairing matching a 7- and 10-yr old together, but maybe they saw great potential in Felix. : )

He had a chance to play a second game and was a good sport but didn't want to, so instead we went to Dunkin' Donuts for our own eating tourney where he fared very well: one glazed and one cream-filled to my sausage bagel.