Saturday, October 01, 2011

Engaged at 64!!!




I was really "out-foxed" by Charles last night! I thought we were going to dinner...one of our regular dates. Because he worked late, he arrived after 7. He showed up with a bouquet of roses, and a jar of Hershey's candy. He brought his own knife to cut the roses. When we had arranged the roses in a vase, he said we should have a piece of chocolate. I was ready to go to dinner, and told him there was some candy opened on the counter, so we didn't need to open the jar. He really wanted a piece from the jar! When I took the lid off, there was a ring box inside!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have been more surprised. It's beautiful, and I am thrilled!!! Honestly, I still shake my head in disbelief. At this point in my life, I never thought this would happen to me, but am so very grateful for his love.

2 comments:

Todd Johnson said...

Maggie, I am so so so excited for you! What an adventure and a new chapter in life! Tell Charles he is awesome - as he must be wise and wonderful to win your affection! :) -Valerie

Scott said...

Congratulations, Maggie! Love you, Scott, Margie & family