Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meet Ruby


Everyone, meet Ruby.  A dog sounds so good when you don't actually own one.  The boys really wanted one, so we wrote up a plan for them to earn one and they did it.  (We're now realizing the plan wasn't nearly difficult enough.)  I really wanted a dog, too.  Scott did not.  In hindsight, I do not either.  She seems to be a sweet and obediant dog thusfar, but the night time routine of waking up to go potty multiple times is really annoying and exhausting.  Last night we made some progress though.  I needed progress because I had a wee little breakdown yesterday over the impact the dog has had on our schedule.  I keep telling myself life will be normal again after it's housebroken, but I'm not so sure.  I feel like I'm in prison. 

6 comments:

Amy J said...

Well to me, a dog NEVER sounds like a good idea, but I know some people like having them around. :) Yes, get her good and trained, and she'll just become part of the routine, and a beloved part of the family (hopefully!). Was she a pound dog, or a pet store dog, or...? 'Cause I know if you get dogs from certain places and it doesn't work out, they'll take them back. Just putting it out there...you should NOT feel like you're exhausted and in prison because of an animal! Best of luck, and keep us posted! <3

JimmySyme said...

The fact that this was posted at 5:00 AM is not a good sign. I want to thank you for not getting Ruby before yup went to Haiti. You're supposed to learn from the experience of others, and there a many reasons that we haven't had a dog for last 24 years, and Margie mentioned several of those reasons. That being said..,Ruby sure is cute, and I'm sure there are 2 really excited little boys at your house. Scott told Karen that he went by Rex's classroom twice on Sunday and heard "puppy" both times. Excited...I'd say so!!!!

Janet said...

I just wondered who selected the name Ruby-- Was she a pet shop puppy or a Pound puppy?????

Scott said...

I found her in a classified ad from a private breeder. The boys decided on Ruby. There was a little influence on Scott's part. He's always tried to sell me on that name for a baby girl, but never succeeded, so he named a virtual dog on a game he plays with the boys, Ruby, and the boys liked it. Rex did wish in his "wishing jar" that he'd have a puppy named "Taxi". Felix liked "Rose", but in the end, Ruby won out.

Valerie said...

Oh, you are so brave! I don't think I could do it. I am sure those boys are in puppy heaven! Keep us posted on all the ups and downs :)

KJ said...

That's not a dog, it's a living slipper. Does Ruby have a sibling? I think the two of them will keep my toes snuggy.