Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goings On in Pittsburgh

It's been a while since we've posted anything.  I don't take pictures like I used to, but here are a few.  
Also, I put Haiti pictures up on our blog if you're interested.


Rex likes to help Felix with his homework.

The boys are playing Wild Kratts in this picture.  Felix is a Caracle and Rex is a Flying Draco. (I had to look up the spelling on both the animals...embarrasing.)

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for an awesome week!  We love you!

Wearing their Easter best Easter morning after our egg hunt.

Daphne was born to hunt Easter eggs.

This is the only Easter picture I got where Daphne is not screaming bloody murder...she was taking a quick breather in between screams.  Felix was trying to compose her...or choke her...not sure which.

Finally warm enough to eat popsicles outside!

The boys and their buddy Matthew before a backyard egg hunt.

The boys dressed up in search of neighbors to scare.  They even tried to Trick-or-Treat at one door, but no one answered.

Love the chubba cheeks

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Margie, I love the picture of everyone with grandma and grandpa. I also like the cool effect on the family shot. Do you use photoshop? I need some help with editing images and stuff. Also, what camera do you have? I know I've asked before, but this time I will take note :)

I read the Haiti post. It looks like it was an amazing experience. When I heard you guys were doing that I told Todd that if we did that it would totally backfire. I would go and have so much love and compassion for those kids...then I would get home to my whiney, spoiled kids and have even less patience with them! I would be like, "Quit whining about snacks/your blankie/your sister looking at you - those kids had NOTHING and they were more content/grateful than you!!"
Seriously though, have you had that problem? I love my kids to death. We are so blessed and have so many luxuries...but the whining...I have just had enough lately.
If anyone has any advice for me, please give it. :)

Amy J said...

Well, my kids NEVER whine, so I must be doing something right! :D Ha!

All you people with the cute kids, keep putting pictures up whenever you feel like it so we can see all those cute faces! LOVE Daphne's chubbo cheeks...such a cute little chumpster! Man, I have got the cutest nieces and nephews EVER! <3

Sounds like Haiti was a neat experience! I will keep stalking, erm, I mean CALLING you until we get a chance to catch up! :)

Love everyone's guts! The reunion will be here before you know it! X-)

Margie said...

I guess being away for 7 days made me miss my kids too much to be super annoyed by their typical whining. It is easier now to say "no" when they ask me for something they don't need. I use a guilt tactic to control whining. "The kids in Haiti go to bed with hungry tummies" or "The kids in Haiti play with rocks and sticks" or "The kids in Haiti don't throw fits!". You can fill in the blank with anything...even slight exaggerations. But when nothing else works, we resort to what Grandma Johnson did to Todd...lock them in the garage. Works like a charm.

We have Photoshop Elements. I'm trying to learn how to use it. I think I'll have to take a community class. I'm finding I'm not very tech-savvy. I download actions from this blog:
http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/
We have a Nikon D5000. What did you get?