Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mr. McFeely

Definitely an adorable picture of Daphne in the ruffles. Save that dress for my next child's blessing. I always love to see the way a kid views the world. That picture of Scott looks like HIS nickname should be Mr. McFeely. I'm surprised he wasn't detained in a children's museum. Lizzy, I'm SOOOOO jealous that you got to meet the REAL Mr. McFeely. I've met a few McFeely impersonators at the various Mr. Rogers conventions I've been to over the years, but in my wildest dreams I never imagined I'd meet the REAL Mr. F!! He's dreamy. However, my life won't be complete until I've met Lady Aberlin, Chef Brockett, Officer Clemmons and Handyman Negri. Dare to dream.

Margie, granny told me you have a new camera. I'm just curious what kind my brother got for you. I know absolutely nothing about most cameras other than my own, but granny thought it was awesome so I was curious.

Rex, Felix, this message is for YOU! What's up chicken and duck? Nice soccer photos. Whatever you do, don't take tips from your dad unless it's on doing cartwheels. Even then, I'd stick with your mom. I love you. Stay out of jail.

What's up Freckles and Mouse? I love you too. I need to see some more photos of 2 of my favorite nieces. Make your dad take you to get the most delicious bubblegum ice cream in the world. I want some SOOOOO badly! Stay in school.


KJ

2 comments:

Todd Johnson said...

Margie, I am also curious about your new camera. We bought a new Nikon before the cruise and I hated it. Returned it when we got home. I have given up since then and we just use our old one. Enlighten us on what you got, the pros and cons, etc. Thank you much! - Val

Margie said...

I have a Nikon D-5000. It has tons of features I have absolutely no clue on how to use, but am slowly learning. One cool feature is the swivel LCD screen. It gives you a lot of flexibility. I really like it but have a lot to learn.

One thing I'm finding is that the type of camera matters, but the editing software factors in a lot, too. I'm in the process of learning how to use Photoshop Elements. Do you edit all your photos, Keith?

One issue I'm coming across with the camera, and maybe you can enlighten me on the subject, Keith, is lighting. Sometimes my pictures are dark even with the flash, and sometimes I can't get the flash to turn on when I want it to. Do I need to buy a bigger flash attachment to get the exposure I want and to have more control over the flash?? Any lighting tips to pass along? Also, are there any zoom lenses that are a must have?

It's very overwhelming, but I'm easily overwhelmed. Overall, I'm happy with the camera. Hope you can find one you like, Valerie.