Friday, January 23, 2009

MEDICAL UPDATE

I went to see the surgeon yesterday and the Grand Opening has been scheduled for Friday, February 20. I was so happy when he explained that he could do the surgery endoscopically, instead of through a 10 inch long incision. My Gastroenterologist had told me that was not possible. It will take place at my home away from home, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.

So I will have 6 one inch incisions and be in the hospital for 3-5 days and eat mushy, squishy foods for 2 weeks, be unable to lift anything heavier than my fork for 6 weeks and then hopefully I will be able to eat without worrying whether it is going through my esophagus or not. If you want more medical details, I have a hand-out with graphic pictures, but figured that the family was not ready for that at this time.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Happy to hear it won't be as intrusive as you initially thought. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Forget the mushy, squishy foods...just go straight for the milkshakes. Mmmmmmm!!