Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Raffi


Daphne and I were so lucky to go see Raffi perform live!  I'm pretty sure I was more excited about it than Daphne.  1 - because I love Raffi and 2- because I don't think Daphne really understood where we were going.  She just wanted to hear her favorite song, Baby Beluga, which she did get to hear.    You'll notice she was dressed to the nine complete with a dress good for twirling, which she did a lot of during the concert.  I said it once and I'll say it again, I just love Raffi, and he put on a great show for a group of very enthusiastic toddler groupies.  We had so much fun!!  



Daphne Twirling

3 comments:

Amy J said...

Holy cow, Raffi is like a children's music GOD! But he must be gettin' up there in years...did he perform in a wheelchair?? ;) You girls are sure cute...fun to have a little girly old enough for mommy-daughter dates! <3

Valerie said...

I think we got a raffi cd from grandma Johnson once, and quite honestly, we were quite confused by it! Is he like the Mr. Rodgers of kids music or something? Margie, how did you come upon raffi? Did you listen to him as a kid?

Margie said...

Baby Beluga? Bananaphone? Classic kid music. I came across him in the library when Felix was a baby and we've been fans ever since. The CD Grandma gave you were songs written by Raffi sung by country singers. We like dancing to it. I've thought of him as the Mr. Rogers of music, but I take it you probably think Mr. Rogers was weird. If you like folkish music, that's Raffi's inspiration. What I like is he's so simple and genuine with the kids...doesn't need all the bells and whistles and over stimulation today's kid entertainment offers. I guess he just "speaks to me". Try Jim Gill's music for kids. You might find him more hip. As for me, I'm hip to be square :)