Saturday, June 04, 2011

Summer Hair

We can't offer 100+ heat indexes, but we can offer you a buzz cut.  Check out Rex's new summer do.  And, just below is the picture of the next to last day of our 3 week stint owning a dog.  We now own a gerbil...Joe James Jerry Johnson.  I don't think I'll ever get over the guilt of getting rid of Ruby, but I was at my breaking point before we got a dog, so something had to give, and it's not as easy to get rid of your children (or husband :) )


 Rex and Daphne don't believe in chairs.  They are always on the table.

 Before...

 After...

If Rex were a Redneck...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did Ruby go? As long as you keep it to one gerbil you should be ok. There was lots of mayhem (even more gerbils) when we added a second gerbil - actually that may have been the hamsters. Either way, my advice would be to stick with one.

Valerie said...

I LOVE buzz cuts on little boys :) I, too, am curious as to where Ruby "went".

Scott said...

Ruby has a new adoptive home. Nothing shady occurred...only tramatic as the boys watched her drive away.

Amy J said...

Don't feel guilty, Margie! Sanity saved, lesson learned, gerbil with an awesome name acquired, all is well! :) I think you should have kept the redneck look just for a little while...would have been fun to see how people reacted to it! :D

Scott said...

I thought about giving Rex a mullet or a rat tail in the back, but I thought he'd like it and want to keep it. I didn't dare go there with him :) -Margie