Monday, September 21, 2009

Heeby Jeebies

Here is another little tidbit from Florida.  I went to the boardwalk to shoot one of the models I had lined up while I was there and off to the sides were these dense, lush forest.  Automatically it caught my eye and I wanted to shoot there.  I went down to do a little scouting, and ran into a cob web.  When I pushed on it to get it out of my way, my hand felt a huge web.  I looked over to my left and about 2 feet from my head was the spider below.  It was just slightly smaller than my hand....fingers and all.  Needless to say, I have never moved so fast in my life.  I'm sure the high-pitched screaming and all the flailing didn't put the girl I was shooting at ease.  I blamed my pee stained pants on the humidity.  These 8-legged man eaters were EVERYWHERE in the trees once I took a look from a safe distance where I shot the photos.  It creeps me out just thinking about it.  I checked what type of spider it is, and it's called a Golden Orb-Weaver. Hence the golden web.  I could have been called the golden-stream-in-pants-maker after seeing that evil sucker.  Try not to have nightmares.  

p.s.  I'm pretty sure that smaller male spider is no longer with us.  It gives a whole new meaning to having your head bitten off by your spouse.  




1 comment:

Valerie said...

Gross. Kacie looks smokin' in her dance pictures. So fun. The date looks cute and nice. The story of the flowers getting stomped is the best.